9 Views

BREAKING| 60 people rescued as popular hotel collapses in Ebonyi [PHOTOS]

Assistant (SA) to Governor David Umahi on Capital Territory, Chief Ejem Okoro, said the hotel had been sealed off following the sad occurrence.

According to him, the closure became necessary to avoid loss of life, to enable thorough investigation to ascertain the possible cause and to forestall further collapses.

The SA speaking with reporters said he was sure that about 60 persons were in the hotel when it collapsed, adding that the hotel will remain sealed pending all investigation by the government are completed.

However, a management staff of the hotel management, Chief Austin Orji, who spoke to journalists at the scene of the incident said, the affected wing only had about 42 occupants but who were not in their rooms when the building collapsed.

“We observed that there had been cracks on some of the pillars holding the building and immediately cordoned off the side of the building had commenced renovations before the building collapsed,” Orji said.

He then thanked God that no life was lost, adding that all those who lodged in the hotel were outside the building for a seminar when the incident happened.

However, the hotel was said to have been commissioned by the Minister of Culture, Ambassador Franklin Ogbuewu in 2005.

The post BREAKING| 60 people rescued as popular hotel collapses in Ebonyi [PHOTOS] appeared first on Breaking Times.

You may be interested

Adorable photo of Comedian Basketmouth’s kids as they enjoy US vacation trip
Headlines
Headlines

Adorable photo of Comedian Basketmouth’s kids as they enjoy US vacation trip

Ademola Yakubu - August 23, 2019

- Comedian Basketmouth has shared an adorable photo of his kids having fun in the United States- The comedian shared…

Insecurity: Fayemi reveals agreement reached by south west governors
Headlines
Headlines

Insecurity: Fayemi reveals agreement reached by south west governors

Ademola Yakubu - August 23, 2019

- South west governor have started plan on a regional security network to insecurity - Governor Kayode Fayemi said the…

Premier League legend who helped Chelsea beat Barcelona in 2012 finally retires
Headlines
Headlines

Premier League legend who helped Chelsea beat Barcelona in 2012 finally retires

Ademola Yakubu - August 23, 2019

- Fernando Torres has announced his retirement from football after 18 years- The 35-year-old suffered heavy defeat in his last…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.