19 Views

‘Nigerian Govt Yet To Fully Compensate Victims Of 2011 Post-election Violence’



Adamu Mohammed Kagarko, Chairman of the Southern Kaduna Muslim Ummah Development Association (SOKAMUDA), has called on the Nigerian government to redeem its promises to victims of the 2011 post-election violence.

He said majority of the persons displaced during the 2011 post-election violence in southern Kaduna still live in rented apartments.

Addressing orphans and widows left behind by the people killed in the violence, at an event in memory of the victims of the crisis, the chairman said the victims have been denied justice by the Nigerian government.

He assured the victims that the association will always remember the victims of ‎2011 post-election violence.

He said: “This is why we are calling on Federal Government to pay the remaining N4billion out of the N7billion compensation promised the displaced persons.

‎”The Federal Government promised to pay a compensation of N7billion, but so far only N3billion has been released through the Kaduna State government.

“The remaining N4billion is still pending, which is why we are calling on the Federal Government to speed up and pay the outstanding compensation, because our people have been suffering for the past eight years after the unfortunate incident.”
 

You may be interested

Aguero on fire, scores brace as Man City destroy Bournemouth in Premier League tie
Headlines
Headlines

Aguero on fire, scores brace as Man City destroy Bournemouth in Premier League tie

Ademola Yakubu - August 25, 2019

- Bournemouth vs Manchester City's Premier League game ended 3-1 in favor of the Citizens - Sergio Aguero scored a…

Jubilation as Omo-Agege doles out cars, tricycles, other items to constituents
Headlines
Headlines

Jubilation as Omo-Agege doles out cars, tricycles, other items to constituents

Ademola Yakubu - August 25, 2019

- Senator Ovie Omo-Agege has rolled out empowerment items for people in his constituency- Beneficiaries include youths and women in…

We have new measures to deal with Boko Haram, we’ve not withdrawn troops – Army
Headlines
Headlines

We have new measures to deal with Boko Haram, we’ve not withdrawn troops – Army

Ademola Yakubu - August 25, 2019

- The Nigerian Army on Sunday, August 25, said it is now have new strategies to deal with the Boko…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.